Friday, April 12, 2013

MAC Costmetics and Archie's Girls review + swatch

Today I will be reviewing all my MAC products: Studio Fix Powder Plus in NC 40, Brow Set, and my MAC Archie's Girls collection products.

The first review is for Brow Set in Clear. This is a clear gel that goes on to mold your eyebrows and cause the hairs to all go in the same direction. There is no scent to it nor is it very sticky. It actually has a nice cooling feel when you first put it on your brows. I bought to try to fix the fact that one eyebrow starts off more sparse then the other but that brow is too sparse for this to even move it :( This does help with the rest of the hairs and making them match direction though. I'm not sure if it's just me, but It costs $19 so I would have returned it, had I not lost the receipt and box :/ One main problem with it is that it gets murky easily. It may have been because I sometimes ended up touching skin the wand and I'm not sure you're supposed to :S Now I only use it when I'm at home (as opposed to on the bus) and have time because then I can rinse the wand to prevent it from going super gross. Here is what it is supposed to look and the next picture is how mine looks after about 1 month of on the go use:



















The next product is the Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation in NC40. I decided to try this after a few years of using Clinique foundation and I really love it! It seems to stay on my face for longer, and is a way better match. It blends into my skin very well also has a nice coverage. I also like that the sponge is in a separate compartment, which helps keep the mirror cleaner longer! What I don't like is that it is more bulky packaging since it is a circle and is a little "puffed up" looking as opposed to flat. My compact's latch already broke from me dropping it several times, but it still closes without there being any open gaps. This is apparently good for oily skin, but I'm sure it can easily suit other skin types. It still doesn't get rid of shine (I doubt any foundation on its own will), but I like it and will definitely by another one. Not sure if it will become my regular for the next few years, but it's a good candidate.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/luuux-original-files/bookmarklet_uploaded/mac3_43.jpg

Now lastly, the part I know you've been waiting for, my Archie's Girls Collection products!!! These three items set me back quite a bit, but it was definitely worth it. The products I bought were: Betty's Lipstick in Oh, Oh, Oh;  Pearlmatte Face Powder in Flatter Me; and Pearlglide Intense Eyeliner in Black Swan. I love all these products!! When I went into Nordstrom, I only intended to get the facepowder but then I saw the lipsticks and eyeliner and wow they were so nice!! Turns out that I got all Betty's line products without even intending too :P

The first product for review is the Betty's Lipstick in Oh, Oh, Oh. MAC Cosmetics describes this as a 'Sheer brown plum' and I can't really think of a better description so let's go with that. It has a little bit of shimmer to it but this is not visible on the lips. It also comes out somewhat sheer as described, but I like it because it makes it look really natural. This lipstick also seems moisturizing and is not sticky at all! I'm not sure if all lipsticks are like that, because I've never had one before, but I like it :P It lasts for a good few hours but is not able to last through the test of drinking and eating. The tube is very sleek and portable and has Betty's face on it, so that's always a plus! Would definitely buy this again if it wasn't limited edition :( If I manage to find it not sold out somewhere, I will stock up!








The eyeliner I got was Pearlglide Intense Eyeliner in Black Swan. As the name says, it actually glides like a pearl! As in it goes on really easily and effortless. If you even just dab it on your hand, you'll get a nice opaque black circle. It is filled with glitter as well so it's not that good for everyday wear but when I wear it for special occasions, it stays on all night!  The glitter stays well to the eyeliner and does not come off on my face :) The only downside to it would have to be that the pencil is so soft that I've broken it twice already after sharpening so I expect a lot of wasteage. Next time it breaks off I might put it in a separate container and use it as a cream liner instead. The Archie's packaging is a limited edition but the product apparently is not so no need to stock up on this! I will probably try the permanent line in Black Line. It's supposed to be 'black with gold pearl' and also apparently has an olive tinge.

 Archie's Girls Pearlglide Intense Eyeliner

Now for my favourite (ok lies, I love all of them) the Pearlmatte Face Powder in Flatter Me. This is a really nice 'golden peach with coral hearts'. I'm not sure how to actually use this as a face powder so I just use it as a blush. It looks very natural on and is a good way to add just a hint of colour. As for the wear, it lasts really long! I remember putting it on in the morning around and it still being there when I got back in the evening! Similar to the lipstick, it has really sleep packaging and is actually flat, unlike my Studio Fix compact. And like the other two products, this is a special occasion makeup since I'm not sure how long they will be sold for.  I tried to swatch but it didn't end up so well but here it is anyway:





And before I go, here's the sample I got of the MAC Pigment in Kitchmas. This was when I intended to buy the full size but I asked for another sample and the employee accidentally spilled a great chunk of pigment :D I like applying it with water because that avoids the mess of loose pigments and ends up being a nice pale glittery eyeshadow. These last really long and I never have to touch-up when using MAC pigments!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+
 
Google+