Friday, May 23, 2014

Laura Mercier Lip Glacé review + swatch

I received this Laura Mercier Lip Glacé in a Sephora 500 point perk several months ago (November I think) but only started using it now. It came as a mini that is 2.8 g/1.0 oz. which is pretty generous considering the full size is 0.15 oz.! I also love the size because it makes it very compact since it is the same length as a chapstick. The point perk came with the shade Rose which is a soft pink shimmer.




This sheer, high-shine gloss can be worn alone or layered over lip color to add a touch of luster to lips.

The first thing I noticed about this gloss is that there is a bit of scent to it. It smells like some sort of vanilla candy to me and although I hate vanilla scents, I don't think that it is too strong and it also doesn't linger for long. This lip gloss is a little bit thick and slightly sticky but still very easy to apply. It comes with the usual doe-foot applicator so it isn't too messy to apply. Once it is on your lips, it feels a bit sticky but not sticky enough to take a strong hold of your hair. The colour is very true to the ‘Rose’ shade and is similar to the fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Rose. This makes it quite natural looking for my lips since it is a bit sheer.



It looks pretty shimmery in the bottle but is less so when you wear it. The finish is slightly glossy so people that like high shine probably wouldn’t like this gloss. I always apply it on top of a lip balm so I am not sure if this would be moisturizing enough on it's own, but it was not drying to me at all. The wear of this lip gloss is fairly average as the colour seems to fade after 3 hours and the shimmer lasts a bit longer than that. It also stays a little even after eating and drinking. I’m not much of a gloss person but this product has definitely impressed me! The shade and the finish make it a great everyday lip product.

The full size (0.15 oz.) sells for $29 at Sephora.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+
 
Google+