Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Julep Maven May 2014 Bombshell Box review

Yay my May 2014 Julep Maven box finally arrived! For those who don't know what Julep Maven is, it is a monthly nail polish/beauty subscription from Julep. You start off by taking a style profile quiz to see which welcome box suits you best. If you don't like it, you can always change your box :) The first box is even free with the code FREEBOX so you are just paying the cost of shipping (It was $4.99 for me in Ontario). Here's my referral link for anyone that wants to give it a try!


I chose to stick with the Bombshell box this month because I loved the colours! This one came with the colours Laree and Saaya as well as the Plié wand. I actually was a bit unsure about Saaya so I got someone that would buy it off me :) I also got 3 add-ons: Paulette, 2 pack of precision brushes, and the Plié wand creativity kit.




Left to right: Saaya, Paulette, Laree

Saaya - golden apricot shimmer
Paulette - golden lilac tulle shimmer
Laree - golden pink tafetta shimmer

These colours are awesome! I love the shimmer since it seems so subtle and the shades also seem perfect for summer. I haven't had a chance to swatch them on my nails since I just did them, but I swatched Paulette and Laree on their caps. I couldn't get the shimmer to show up in my pictures, but it's definitely there!




I also haven't had a chance to try the Plié wand yet but I am really excited to. I'm not sure if this was an accident, but I got an extra precision brush with overcap as well as an overcap on it's own. It was a nice surprise but I'm not sure I need that many extra brushes so I may try to sell them or give to someone.

And as always, the Maven box came with a discount coupon, which is $10 off a $20+ purchase. It is only for Mavens and expires May 31, 2014. The code is PERK10!

What box did you decide to get? :) And for those non-Mavens, give it a try and take the style profile quiz!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+
 
Google+