Saturday, December 14, 2013

Ipsy December 2013 Glam Bag Review

Woohoo, I finally decided to subscribe to a beauty subscription! Since Christmas is coming, I decided to try one bag as a little Christmas treat to myself. I received my Ipsy Glam Bag on the 11th I think and it came in the mail in its usual hot pink metallic bubble mailer. This definitely added to the excitement of getting my first subscription bag!



This glam bag was a black plastic pouch that was nice and sleek looking. It has red inside lining, a diamond texture design and an 'ipsy' zipper pull.



Now for the good stuff! My glam bag this month came with:
- Mirabella Eye Blender Brush ($27)
- POP Beauty Bright Up Your Life Eye Shadow Trio in Naturally Bare (approx. $8.08)
- Be a Bombshell The One Stick in Sunset ($16)
- Nicka K New York Nail Color in NY 139 Ripe Apple ($4.99)
- J. Cat Beauty Big Lip Pencil in Caramel Mocha ($3.99)

Total Value = approximately $60



I only tested these products a little bit and so far the Big Lip Pencil seems the most disappointing. The colour is really unflattering and slightly orange like so it really doesn't seem like I'll be using it at all. The One Stick is shade of pink-red and looks like a natural flushed when worn sheer on the cheeks (seems alright for lips too!). The eyeshadow trio has really great neutral colours and is also fairly pigmented. The nail polish was also a bit disappointing since I specifically did not select 'nail colour' in the Ipsy quiz since I really do have a lot :S but it is a nice shade of red that's perfect for the holidays. Lastly, the eye blender brush has really soft bristles but the metal handle makes it a bit too heavy. This is my third blending brush, but I guess you can never have too many? haha

This bag was a good value (since the brush already costs $27) but I feel like this will be my only Glam Bag and I will stick with my plan to unsubscribe. To finish off, here's swatches of the eyeshadow, lip pencil, and bombshell stick:



Left to Right: eggshell, toasted taupe, and cinnamon



Top: J.Cat Beauty The Bit Lip Pencil in Caramel Mocha; Bottom: Be a Bombshell The One Stick in Sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+
 
Google+