Friday, April 18, 2014

Topbox April 2014 Review

This is my 3rd Topbox so far and unlike the last one, I have mixed feelings about this box. I put the dermalogica Privé box on my Topbox wishlist but ended up with the regular Topbox again. Also a bit disappointed that I didn't get the Murale box but oh well. For those that aren't subscribed, Topbox is a montly beauty subscription box that lets you "get 4 hand picked deluxe samples delivered to your door for $12 per month."


Products:
- LA Splash Nail Spash in Mystique (full size - $7.50)
- Thierry Muglar Alien Eau Extraordiaire (6 mL - $7)
- Sweet Pea Soap Honey & Oats (half size? - 2.98)
- Miracle 10 Skincare Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30 (50 mL - $38)



I'm happy with the Miracle 10 since it is a full size and I don't currently have a face sunscreen for the summer! I'll be trying this within the next few weeks to see how it does :) The SPF could be a bit higher but even a bit of SPF is already good enough, right?

The Alien perfume is decently sized but it is one of those dab type applications. I'm not really sure how those smaller 3 mL samples can have a spray application, but a slightly bigger bottle doesn't :/ Another downside is that I'm sensitive to stronger perfumes so I'm not sure what to do with this.



I also have mixed feelings about the nail polish because I have a similar colour and it seems a bit too shimmery for my liking. This will probably be gifted but it does seem like a wearable colour.


And lastly, I really like the soap! It contains almond fragrance so it smells sweet and nutty but there is also a hint of something else to tone it down (probably the oats). The soaps on their site don't seem as small so this probably isn't a full size but the ingredients seem like it could be a nice, moisturizing soap. Ingredients: coconut oil, olive oil, palm oil, castor oil, distilled water, sodium, hydroxide, honey, oatmeal, and almond fragrance oil.

Total Value: $55.48
Paid: $13.56

This box was definitely a great value! Despite 2 of the products not really matching my tastes, I got a full sized product I think I will actually use so this was still a fairly valuable box to me. What did you get in your April Topbox?

5 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+
 
Google+